Friday, June 1, 2007

leaving(finally)

hey less than 24 hours then I finally leave. (woot woot) I am all packed and ready to go.(almost) Can't wait to get down there. I would like to take this time for Josh King. 1st-I tried to send you an email but it was a no go. 2nd- I have decided to up the ante and post twice a week at least. It is going to be tough but I think I can. Here are some things I want to do. I want to get a to do list. I have to wait and figure out a whole lot more than cow tipping and bringing the concept of "rolling houses" to Ecuador. Also I am going to do a photo blog so you can see all of the photos. Oh yeah and I also want to bring a "word of the day". So these are a few things that I am going to do with this blog. Take care and I hope to write in the next couple of days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ownage.
I think it was cow bowling though, to be precise. : )
Have a safe flight!

sierra said...

oooh, cow bowling does sound like fun! i've never tried it before! =) have a great time Matt!

Anonymous said...

Aight, now we need us an honorary "I'm here!" post, ya hear?

Mom and Dad said...

To everyone reading this (at least to Josh), we can verify that Matt made it fine. He sent a short email when he got there. Said it was cool and rainy still. The dry season won't start until later in June.
Now for Matt--Happy Birthday tomorrow (June 5)!!! We love you bunches and know you are having a great time. How many people get to spend their 19th birthday in Ecuador!! (other than of course all the Ecuadorans)
Hope you have a great day--we love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from your nana in Missouri. Hope you have a grrrrreat one! We traded girls for boys on Sunday afternoon so this week's going to be quite different! Yesterday was spent riding the 4-wheeler, playing in the pool and helping Papa move electric fences and bushhog the back pastures. The boys were a big help. Papa loaded out 70 head of cattle on Sunday morning and he has taken Walker and gone to the livestock auction this morning in West Plains MO to see them sell. Andrew was planning to go with them too until it came time to get up this morning. Then he decided he'd rather sleep. Imagine that!! This is a big day for Papa after all the months of hard work. Hopefully, he'll make enough money to pay off a big chunk of his debt. :-) I fell down the family room steps last night and sprained my right ankle so I'm "cripping" around today. I've got a knot about the size of an egg on my ankle and it feels "spongy" but it could have been worse. We're looking forward to all your updates of activities in Ecuador. We love you! Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

Much joy and wishes to a happy birthday!

sierra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sierra said...

It's so good to hear that you've arrived safely! that's pretty fantastic thet you're in Ecuador for your birthday! =) Hope to hear an update soon! Hapy Birthday!

-sierra