Thursday, June 21, 2007

update

Today was a work day. I cleaned up the front entrance of the hacienda with Christian, Jhon, y Jorge, and then I helped Justin with school stuff. Hey I think I have a change of plans about backpacking. I might be able to go to a spanish school in Otavalo for 5 days. I would stay with a host family and would be completely immersed in it. I plan to take 2 or 3 hours a day of actual classes. (IS that good enough Nat?) It's only $5 a hour plus $10 day for housing(including meals). I think that is all I can afford. I still plan to go backpacking a little bit. I just plan to go to Banos instead of Cuenca(11 hour bus ride) and Banos. I do not know how long I will be able to travel, but if I have enough days I will probably spend the night in Quito, who knows. Anyways the time has gone by. I only have a month and a week. Oh well I do not need to focus on that at all. Anyways that is all from down here. Hope everything is going good in the States.
Hasta Luego!!!!!!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Sounds great! Honestly, you'll probably be exhausted after 3 hours a day of class, and it seems pretty cheap, so go for it! Your Spanish will probably improve a lot! And staying with a local family is always the way to go, you'll learn so much more about their actual culture, and maybe they will even have a kid about your age who can show you around some places. I'm excited for you! By the way, I think you might be scaring your parents a little by saying "no dice a mama y papa" and then a whole bunch of other stuff in Spanish, cause they understand the don't tell mom and dad part and nothing else! (your mom said something to mine about it at church the other day=) Anyhow, thanks for the updates! Keep livin'!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from sunny Arizona.
Sounds like you're having a great time and a wonderful experience.
Enjoy every minute, take lots of picutres and keep letting Mom and Dad know you are alive, well and missing them ofcourse.
Alan & Donna Mansker

Anonymous said...

Matt, sounds like you're having a wonderful cultural experience and yes, it will be hard to leave! Glad you got to be at a soccer game - they take things really seriously, no? Keep up the good work and enjoy life in Ecuador. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt!
It is so good to read your posts and to learn about what you are doing in Ecuador. Wow - what an exciting way to spend the summer. I am so glad you are getting to do this.
We are doing fine here. Planning to go to AR July 3-4-5 for Emily's birthday and the 4th. Should be lots of fun - Josh is a big time pyromaniac when it comes to fireworks (so we have heard-haha)
Take care, keep posting, and we look forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get back to AL.
Love you!!
Frank and Jan

Anonymous said...

yay for spanglish!

-sierra