Sunday, June 17, 2007

update

Hey guys well I just finished babysitting Jhon, Jorge, and Cristian. We had pizza and watched a movie. Yesterday, however, was very eventful. I took the boys to their first soccer game in Cayambe. We got there late for work purposes. Jerry dropped us off to the wrong estadio We learned 15 minutes after we arrived at that estadio it was the wrong one, and a lady told us about a taxi place 3 blocks away. We took a taxi and eventually got to the right stadium. We got there right before the end of half time and we saw the second half. Once we got there, we were greeted by courtney's(from twickenham group) friend. (It's a long story, I will tell later.) Anyways, the game started back and it was very interesting. The size was like a minor league baseball game here, but a whole lot more passionate with chants, drums, and even shooting firecrackers and romancandles in the stands. Espoli won(the home team) and the entire losing team(including coaches) charged towards the refs and a fight almost broke out. The police came out to prevent the fight. It was a very interesting day and a very fun day. This summer has already gone by so fast. I do not want to leave this place. Oh yeah, I hope to do a little backpacking for about a week sometime. I want to go to Cuenca and Banos. Hopefully that will happen. Anyways take care and I love you guys. Bye!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Matt, this is Whitney! Wow you guys have done alot and I am glad to here you are having a great time. The soccer game sounded like a lot of fun but dangerous at the same time. I hope that you can scout out some good backpacking trials for us to hike on our trip. Tell all the kids hi and we miss them here in Alabama. Stay safe and God bless.

Anonymous said...

hey UK! uhm who were you talking about? did you get to see nacho or alex or something?

Anonymous said...

haha sorry that last one was me
cortney